LilySlim Weight loss tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday 16 July 2011

113 Days!!

As of today, I have been Pepsi Free for 113 days!!  That's huge for me! 

I was addicted!!!  That is putting it mildly.  I could easily drink 2 liters a day, no problem.  Then it hurt me and it hit me hard.  Pepsi was not my friend...it's nobody's friend. (It tastes so good though!!)  The caffine I was taking in was aggrivating my Lupus, making my sleep patterns irregular, dehydrating me, making me edgy, causing weight gain, bloating me & generally making me miserable.  Enough!  I had had enough!  No more!  So I quit! 

Was it easy? Yes & No.

I had tried to quit a number of times before but always ending up back on the bottle.  Addicted!  BUT finally I had hit a wall like no other I've ever hit.  I had had enough of feeling like death warmed over.  I finally realized just how awful the Pepsi/caffine made me feel.  I also realized...well I guess I knew all along...that I wasn't drinking enough water and that wasn't making matters any better.  So, in answer to the question was it easy, yes it was!  At that point I just wanted to feel better.  I wanted to feel human and alive.  So I said no more. 

Then, at weeks 9, 10 & 11, when I was feeling better than I had in a long time, I started to crave Pepsi again.  I had never gone this long without it.  So if I was going to slip up this would've been the perfect oppourtunity.  Luckily, I could remember just how disgusting it made me feel and I knew if I had made it that far then I could tough it out. So, no, during those weeks I struggled.

I had tried to quit before and always suffered the withdrawl effects but I have to say this go-round it was surprisingly painless.  I was sure to drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.

So here's to 113 days...and counting!!

What goals can I set for myself next?

No comments:

Post a Comment