LilySlim Weight loss tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Summer Means Homeschool Planning for Next Year

As I've yattered on in previous posts, I am on vacation but I still need to take a little time to get some homeschool subjects tackled for the next school year. 

I brought grammar and world history with me.  We are going to use Building English Skills for grammar and writing.  The outline I was given starts the year with one and ends the year with the other.  I didn't like that much so I divided it up into grammar AND writing to be done each day.  That way we can take more time with both and not be rushing at the end of the year.

The world history that I am looking at is History of the World by Abeka.  It was given to me so I am still looking at it and deciding.  The only thing missing is the student text but it looks like the teacher's book will work fine.  Now to see if I can find an outline for it.

We are using Teaching Textbooks Pre-Algebra for math which I pre-ordered at our homeschooling conference in the spring so that should be waiting for us when we get home.

We are using Apologia for Science.  They include a list (by modules) of materials needed for the experiments so I'd like to get a head start on gathering everything.  It's pretty much basic items that we have around the house but I will need to buy some things.  I plan to designate a container for those items so when we are ready for an experiment we know just where to look.

Well enough talking and typing about it!  I should be reading and writing about it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment